What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bofors 40mm.

navyman

Hello,
I recently bought this bofors case from Andys Armouries, (another great deal), it has been used as a table lamp in the past. He kindly sent a primer with it FOC because it fitted.
Can anyone tell me anything about the case headstamps, but more importantly about the primer, I've not seen one of these before in a bofors round?
Many thanks,
navyman.

Attachments

• Bof lamp base 1a.jpg
    Bof lamp base 1a.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 61
  • Bof lamp base 2a.jpg
    Bof lamp base 2a.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 26
I think that this is a Canadian case as I suspect that the full headstamp should read "PP/C" which was Pedlar People, Canada. - unfortunately the drill hole has destroyed whatever was after the PP/. The primer is foreign - can't assist you further than that.

Regards

TimG

The primer however looks Swedish to me because of the "m/80" and the long insane numerical numbers as normally seen on post-war Swedish ammo.

Hoeksel,
Thank you for that, I can now try and find out more about the Swedish primers. Hopefully someone will be able to let me know something about the spoilt headstamps?
Cheers,
Guy.