What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bomb or Trench Art?

Millsman

Premium Member
This object is now in a Militaria shop in Kent and nobody knows what it is. It is made of cast aluminium alloy, has 4 fins and a 1/2 inch unthreaded hole in the nose. Photo on my phone so apologies for quality.

Any help would be useful. It has frustrated a few of us so far.

John

Attachments

• IMAGE_079.jpg
    IMAGE_079.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 81
This object is now in a Militaria shop in Kent and nobody knows what it is. It is made of cast aluminium alloy, has 4 fins and a 1/2 inch unthreaded hole in the nose. Photo on my phone so apologies for quality.

Any help would be useful. It has frustrated a few of us so far.

John
You might check the possibility of it being a paravane, if so it is probably too small to be Naval and that would leave a fishing application.

I would guess a early type of lazydog. But Im not any expert on that area.

Cheers
Freaky

I don't know what it is, where it came from or how old it is, but I do know one think... It's looks cool!

Nice little piece.

Cheers,
Brad

Norman

I think it is too small to be a paravane, even for fishing. I've had a look on the web and most seem far larger.

I'm not sure what a lazydog is either.

My first thought was a Trench Art Airship or Barrage balloon, with the hole in the front maybe holding a brass mooring clip.

Still wondering..

John