What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bombfuze

blu97

HONOURED MEMBER RIP
Ordnance approved
Hi all I need some help with this American fuze, nomenclature and cuttaway drawing if possible. On the side is a time setting scale so I presume it is a air burst fuze. The upper part is marked AN M-110A1 and it looks like it but the M-110A1 is a point detonating fuze. Any ideas ?.
Thanks.

Attachments

• DSCN0776.JPG
    DSCN0776.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 66
  • DSCN0779.jpg
    DSCN0779.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 51
  • DSCN0778.jpg
    DSCN0778.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 47
The upper part is marked AN M-110A1 and it looks like it but the M-110A1 is a point detonating fuze. Any ideas ?.
Thanks.

Is the 110A1 threaded into it or is it a part of it? I ask because it almost looks like the clockwork portion is an adapter or second fuze.

The M110 is a Mechanical impact fuze used on amongst others the 20Lb frag bombs
It looks as though the bottom fuze could be a hydrostatic fuze, its probably what we call trench art in the UK

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes the M-110 is screwed in the lowerbody and the hole looks to be original, so perhaps a T number. There was a small sticker at the lower part but this didn't survive the time, I have seen this before on some T models.

Hello Blu97,

my idea is effectively a T fuze and this clockwork system can be a arming time selector.
I look in my docs.

So long

Yoda

Bom Buze;

Members,
This is taken from OP: 1548 and it does not look like the fuze in question to me.??
John

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I opened it today and it is a barometric air burst fuze. The top part ( top of a AN M-110 ) is screwed to the base by means of 4 screws (the bottom right is missing). The striker you see is the one of the 110. So for me it deffiantly a T type fuze but which.

Attachments

• DSCN0790.jpg
    DSCN0790.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 30
Barometric Fuze For T leaflet dispenser;

British No. 860 Mk II. ??

The British No860 Mk II is much bigger and of diferent construction, so no but thanks anyway.