What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Book: `Eden to Armageddon - World War 1 in the Middle East' by Roger Ford, 8.99

AMMOTECHXT

Ordnance approved
Premium Member
The ISBN (paperback) is 978-0-7538-2798-7. This is the story of the defeat of the Ottoman Empire. It details the campaigns in Mesopotamia; The Caucasus, Armenia, Anatolia and Persia; The Dardanelles and Gallipoli; Egypt, Palestine and Syria; then the aftermath and conclusions. The Turks and their local allies were harried on several sides. They and the opposing allied forces, although apparently large by modern standards, were engaged in sideshows to the main battle fronts. This was interesting for me because some of my Great Uncles and their relatives fought in the Dardanelles / Gallipoli and in Palestine and three of them never returned. The Caucasus campaign was also interesting because I had never known much about it. The Russian Plastun Brigades were outstanding soldiers and as hardy as any of the Turks.