What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brass M24 Ub

MG34NZ

Hi Guys, heres a brass M24 Ub head that just turned up pictured by my brb M24 Ub grenade.No makers marks at all to be seen , who can enlighten me a little on the brass variants? what were the handle fittings for these grenades? standard red Ub or brass? when were they made??
Regards
MG34NZ

Attachments

• f9c2.jpg
    f9c2.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 23
  • 5efb.jpg
    5efb.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 32
  • a302.jpg
    a302.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 27
  • ef09.jpg
    ef09.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 23
A brass M24 b? Really?? Never heard about much less seen one :neutral: Very uncommon.

Regards

engineer

A brass M24 b? Really?? Never heard about much less seen one :neutral: Very uncommon.

Regards

engineer

Yes its brass...but is it WWII vintage? is it even German?? Lexpev site states they may possiably be Finnish or Norweigen but no documentation is available to proove or disprove this theory.
Regards
Andrew

Last edited:
Brass 24

Saw a brass one at "SOS" 'bout 8 years ago. Dealer said it was Finnish, but I thought at the time the piece was bulls__t, but I guess it was not. You'd a s__t if you saw the price (maybe not). Must be rare as hell. Never did ask him about era, but all he sold was WW2 'nades so I assume WW2 era. Nice one..Dano

Last edited:
Saw a brass one at "SOS" 'bout 8 years ago. Dealer said it was Finnish, but I thought at the time the piece was bulls__t, but I guess it was not. You'd a s__t if you saw the price (maybe not). Must be rare as hell. Never did ask him about era, but all he sold was WW2 'nades so I assume WW2 era. Nice one..Dano

Price on this one was OK, realy only brought it for the Nb grenade stick it had attatched to it,theres another one on its way just the same but with a Ub grenade stick of WWII German manufacture.
Regards
Andrew

Hi Guys,

I have it described here: http://www.lexpev.nl/grenades/europe/sweden/oevningshandgranatm39.html

I got enough info over the last two years to believe I am right, but I can be wrong ofcourse. I even got a photo of what the fuze looks like. Check it out.
The two that I bought years ago came from Sweden as well, with the tale they were Swedish. Difference is only that it is constructed in that "german" way like you have, not like the ones shown on my page.
I have put mine onto a German stick. Threads are the same.

Cheers,
Lex

Last edited:
Yes, I totally agree that these brass heads are Swedish. Finland has his own practice sticks, and I dont know about Norwegian stickgrenades.