What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BRASS No13 PITCHER GRENADE

W

ww1grenades

JUST GOT THIS BRASS No13 PITCHER GRENADE THROUGH THE POST TODAY . DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY INFO OR DIAGRAMS OF THE OTHER PARTS NEEDED TO COMPLETE THIS GRENADE . THANKS IN ADVANCE

SHAUN

Attachments

• SAM_0119.jpg
    SAM_0119.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 46
  • SAM_0120.jpg
    SAM_0120.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 41
That's a fantastic find there Shaun, i have only ever seen a example similar to this and that was a dig up from a Belgium EOD guy but was the Batty Grenade, can you tell us how you come by it, well done... Dave

ww1No14 side.jpg ww1No14 top.jpg

hi dave ive seen a couple of the brass battye as you say but never managed to find one :( but when i saw this on evilbay under trench art i had to have it and i won :) . im looking at getting it restored eventually . the top of yours has some lovely markings mate

thanks shaun

Here's some more pictures for your project Shaun, my example sits a little proud in the body as the bottom of the can is still stuck in the body with its original pitch,,,,, Dave

HPIM6540.jpg HPIM6539.jpg HPIM6538.jpg HPIM6542.jpg HPIM6543.jpg HPIM6544.jpg HPIM6545.jpg HPIM6546.jpg HPIM6548.jpg

thanks for them dave they will come in very handy . is the can and the top and bottom the only parts made from steel
thanks shaun

The can, top and bottom are steel, the top part where the fuse screws in is in 2 parts soldered together,,,,,, Dave