What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

brettstuckmine

madoc44

Hi

I've got a new german woodden mine,A BRETTSTUCKMINE.I need all photos you have to see how the pressure plate is "sticked" to the body of the mine.I don't know if it's wire or a more strong cable.Thanks so much for your help.

Hi Spotter

Thanks for your answer.I know this picture.I try to know if the "wire" is all around the cover plate and the body or just screwed on the thickness of the cover to handle it.
regards

It may be either way. According to H.Dv.220/4b " Ausbildungsvorschrift fr die Pioniere" these are improvised mines made at field, thus design may vary a lot. The manual shows a few alternatives to make these. Wires may be either around the whole mine,or with loops at wire ends and spiked ( not screwed ) on bottom and top plate - depending on dimensions of the charge and board used.
There seems to be more than single steel wires used parallel.

Hi Tmine35

Thanks for your answer.It's just that I want to know,right now!I'm gonna to finish mine with old steel wires.
Thanks again.
Cheers