What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brit. Ammn. Labels.

poltewerke

HONOURED MEMBER RIP
Sorry, you must be feedup to the hind teeth with labels by now, so here are the last batch of British l will post. l have some German WW2 SAA labels to post next - these l think are the best of all for information, Cheers, Ron.

Attachments

• Brit labels 001.jpg
    Brit labels 001.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 93
  • Brit labels 002.jpg
    Brit labels 002.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 71
  • Brit labels 003.jpg
    Brit labels 003.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 71
  • Brit labels 004.jpg
    Brit labels 004.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 68
  • Brit labels 005.jpg
    Brit labels 005.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 69
Labels

Hi Ron

I particularly like the .30 cal. grenade label. I presume those were for use with cup dischargers on M.1917s. I would think the P.14 would fit the M.1917.

I have a load of labels I could post as well, but here is probably one of the rarest British labels you will see.

Who knows exactly what it is for?......and don't say .303 tracer!

Regards
TonyE

Attachments

• RL Tracer 1915 Label.jpg
    RL Tracer 1915 Label.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 64
303 Label.

Too easy Tony - would say early 'TRACER, MKI used by RFC in France or the later Aerators Ltd. Cheers, Ron. Did this have anything to do with Jones and Eley Bros?

Last edited:
RL

You were not meant to answer, I knew you would know!

Yes, it is for the RL designed tracer. These rounds sometimes have an ordinary ball headstamp, but are often overstamped with an inverted "VII" as an identifier, in the hope that any rounds captured would not be noticed.

This was an RL initiative, not Eley.

Regards
TonyE

Attachments

• RL Tracer.jpg
    RL Tracer.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 22
Hello Ron,
I'm not fed up with lables! I regret that I lost a 100round .22lr box stamped diagonally TRACER, I think the stamp was green. I found it on a range whilst in the school cadet force and kept it for years. I didn't know that tracer was issued in .22 cal, for training perhaps, and wonder how it worked? I bet Tony E will know.
Cheers,
navyman.