What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

British 1941 ICI 4ib Incendiary

Rockteer

Hi,

Been a while since posting and was feeling guilty, so thought I had better contribute something.

Attached is a recent addition having been looking for a nice original example of the British 4ib Incendiary for ages, not cheap though but I thought it was well worth it having been looking for so long, nice to tick one off the list.

A good example I think, the fuse housing is dated 1941 as is the main body, interesting ICI stamps, even the logo is unchanged today! I wonder how many people know ICI made bombs?

Attachments

• 4ib_before_cleaning.jpg
    4ib_before_cleaning.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 129
  • before.jpg
    before.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 122
  • fuse_detail.jpg
    fuse_detail.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 125
  • nose_detail.jpg
    nose_detail.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 122
  • ici.jpg
    ici.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 115
Hi This looks nice i have been after one myself and most are dogs.
you have done well nice addition you must be very pleased thanks for showing
Andy

I've only seen pictures of these before and usually they are not so good condition. Yours is by far the best one I have ever seen it looks to be in superb condition.
Congratulations on your recent addition and thanks for showing.

regards Kev

ICI Nobel Explosives are quite well known.
In the Town where I live there used to be an ICI Plant (Pilk Sullivan Works) that made various ingedients for all kinds of Weapons from both World Wars including Gas/Chemical Shells and Nuclear Weapons, there are still toxic Chemicals buried on the Site which will take many years to clean up.

Very nice 4lb incendiary.Worth every penny. Just have a couple of cast iron nose pieces 'till i can find a nice complete one.
Hangarman

Very nice 4lb incendiary.Worth every penny. Just have a couple of cast iron nose pieces 'till i can find a nice complete one.
Hangarman

Ive seen a few of these on my travels and thought they were pretty cool but that example is absolute minty!!:tinysmile_classes_t
Thanks for showing it. Im very tempted to acquire one at some stage.

best

waff

Thanks chaps, I am very pleased with it, spending the dosh is never easy! I dipped the fuse housing for a couple of hours in Evaporust also the steel nose. Be careful though I find Evorust does soften the paint on lightly sprayed items and never leave it without watching it. Luckily once cleaning is complete the paint seems to go off hard again. The main body was just lightly oiled and gently rubbed.

this one also replaces my attempt at a mock up (in a recent post).

I will post some pics of my 30ib inc with a mock up tail fin, I would dearly love to find an original tail unit but have never seen one before except in a bomb disposal collection in Germany and I was too polite to ask, although I did virtually empty their skip!!:xd: