What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

British 25 pdr. case from 1943

Der_Feldgraue

Just got this one and I wonder, what a normal price would be for one of them, because I bought it accidently and usually collect WW1. Its marked at the bottom:

25 PR II

LOT

DB/C

CF

There are also some "broad arrow" proof marks on the bottom and some numbers stamped on the side of the case (difficult to read anymore).

Attachments

• 25pdr.jpg
    25pdr.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 33
Hi!
I'd say you can pick these up anything from about 10 to silly prices. I nearly bought one the other day for 12 which was 1953 dated but had all the stencilling intact on the side (normally polished off). As it wasnt wartime dated I didnt put my hand in my pocket as I already had lined up a 1917 18 pdr case (10), 1898 Naval 3Pdr case (but didnt know what it was at the time) (10), a WW2 American steel ammo box (6) and a rather unusual early British 7.62 box!

I expect you'll get a response on the markings from sombody else as I'm no expert on these!

Cheers
Mark

DB/C Markings

While I'm no expert by any means, my guess is that the DB/C stamping stands for Dominion Bridge in Canada. They made 25 pounder cases in both Toronto Ontario and Lachine Quebec.

J.P.