What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

British 6 Pdr APDS Rounds

M8owner

I scored these two projectiles in the US. I have never seen them for sale in my country before. I probably paid too much compared to prices in the UK - $450 for the two with shipping.

6pdr apds.jpg

They are interesting in that the cutaway has a steel inner core instead of the tungsten carbide as it is cut. The complete projectile is rather light weight also. There is no way that it can have the tungsten carbide penetrator in there. I am going to guess that these are factory training rounds? Markings are APDS 6 PDR, 7 CWT, 1BT, STC. One has a 6/45 date.

Really nice finds and thanks for showing them. The one that is sectioned is interesting, I have a 17 pounder apds that is also sectioned that has a steel core.
Its nice to have one that unscrews.
Cases are out there, you just have to look for a standard 6 pdr 7 cwt with the crimping groove at the very top of the case.
Dave.