What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

British A/P shrapnel mine inner pot measurements

BMG50

Premium Member
Anyone have a British AP/ shrapnel mine in their collection and veniers to hand, i need the measurements for the inner pot, the outside, length and the spacing where the two top parts are positioned.

Any photo's of this inner pot would be apreatiated especialy the bottom where the filler plug is. Anyone also know what the cutout is on the side of the outer casing.

This mine seems to be a rare beast, were they used much during the war.

Any photo's of this inner pot would be apreatiated especialy the bottom where the filler plug is.

Hello Chris, that's all I've found in my pic-collection.

C_000004.jpg C_000049.JPG C_000005.jpg C-AP-MineMkII-L.jpg
pencil.png

Hi BMG50,

have a look on the site of "lexpev". There are beautiful pics of the Mk I and II APers mine.

Yoda

Thanks Peter for the pictures, it seems looking at the pictures that the inner pot stands a little proud of the outer casing, a tad more than 5" inches and the diameter quite a loose fit in the pot, i worked it out that it could be 3"1/8 or 80mm but just need to know the exact diameter. I can see the cut out on the outer pot, can't make out what its for.
I have had a look at Lexpev site, i agree very good pictures but it would be good to get the sizes or even the original inner pot its self.