What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

British Army Practice Grenades

EagleEyes

Hi, I've just picked up these two grenades for my collection and was told they were British Army Practice Grenades. Could anybody give me further information: names, numbers, NSN, if they are correctly packaged and how they were used etc.? Does anybody have or know where I can get spares parts that could be used to make these complete?

Grenade: 1
Markings: GREN HAND PRAC PRACTICE
Body: Stainless Steel with a Blue rubber coating
Handle: Tin with Orange paint
Pin: Stainless steel ring and pin

Grenade: 2
Markings: 6 BANG GREN HAND DISTRACTION PRAC L108A2 DELAY: 1 s NICO-06/08-008
Body: Steel with a white markings on blue background and brown stripe
Handle: Missing
Pin: Missing

Attachments

• Grenade Practice 1.jpg
    Grenade Practice 1.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 56
  • Grenade Practice 2.jpg
    Grenade Practice 2.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 50
the first is the british L111A1 practice grenade that is manufactured in switzerland. it is missing a spring clip that goes around the neck and lever for safety. it would have a small plastic cartridge that has the normal 4.5 second delay befor producing a sutable bang out of the gren base. it can be reloaded many times. second gren is as you described, the L108 A2 flash bang gren. after a very short delay of approx 1-2 seconds it goes off with 6 very loud bangs. its missing its fly of lever. its very heavy which i presume aids it being thrown though window glass.
heres a few pics for you.
cheers, paul.

Attachments

• l111a1_with_charge1.jpg
    l111a1_with_charge1.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 33
  • Page4L108A1.jpg
    Page4L108A1.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 36
Spare parts for my L111A1 Practice and L108A2 Flash Bang Grenades

Has anybody a spring clip or rubber retaining strap for the L111A1 Practice Grenade or a fly off lever and pin for the L108A2 Flash Bang Grenade they could let me have?