What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

British wooden box?

turpin42

Hi all
It looks like one of the locals is sending this to the dump and i just wanted to see if anyone can help with a possible ID?

Looks a bit British to me but really don't know.
Green paint under all that red.
No markings or stamps that i could see.
Handles on the ends look iffy...

Thought i'd better see what it is before filling up the garage with even more junk!

All the best and thanks for any help

T42

Attachments

• 140720101236.jpg
    140720101236.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 108
  • 140720101237.jpg
    140720101237.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 136
  • 140720101238.jpg
    140720101238.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 97
Hi bud,

looks like there's a bar code on the side, dosnt it scan?

Interesting box, looks similar to a Bren box, much smaller of course but similar in style.

Andy

It looks more like a transit case or an equipment box to me than an ammo box. Still worth rescuing though, can never have too much storage space.

Thanks

Thanks guys.
Guess it does no harm saving it from the rubbish dump (as long as i manage to hide it away from the wife, i can hear it now..."you're not coming home with more c#*P are you?
And yes Andy, I'll be taking it to the local shop to see if it scans:tinysmile_eyebrow_t
Never know... might be cheap!

Have a great summer all

T42

British wooden box.... nope

Turns out the box was not military at all.
The guy who was getting rid of it had got it from his father many years back. It was a box made at the fish canning factory in stavanger.

All the best
T42