What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brock Igniter Fuze

Andysarmoury

Premium Member
Hi, has anybody got any photos of a Brock Igniter Fuze or a detailed drawing of one, i know they were secured to the No15 Grenade with a wire but how was it tied can anybody help please.
Andy

Andy have a search through the postings,paul the grenade did a superb one on making a repro Brock igniter some time ago,well worth a look

Cheers
MG34NZ

Cheers for that MG34NZ that's what happens when you forget to look and thanks again for pointing that out i will go and stand in the corner lol
Andy

Not a hard igniter to make a reasonable facsimile of. when igniter is made a wrap of small gauge wire from the igniter to the grenade top lug gives it the finishing touch. Good luck...Dano

Just finished it what do you think,
Andy

Attachments

• P1030002.jpg
    P1030002.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Thanks guys for all your help its much appreciated, would the cap be removed before you pulled the tape or would pulling the tape remove it, its just a thought?
All the Best
Andy

The idea was (I think) that the tape would peel off the lead foil cap, then you struck the cap on a brassard (Match composition) tied onto the left cuff. Carrying rifle, a couple of pickets, two dixies and a prayer book I guess you might have to pull the tape with your teeth.

Hi H, yes that would make sense just to do it in one action if you can hold it and pull the tape with muddy hands, i wonder how many were used just as a cricket ball and just thrown with out being lit, you can see why the No5 caught on.
Cheers
Andy