What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulgarian AK-74 functions in slow motion

Slick

Have always enjoyed the slo-mo videos of assorted guns, projectiles and ordnance. This particular clip is unique to my past and present viewings. Full disclosure - I am a huge fan of the AK series of firearms. Read and watch nearly everything about them. The firing of the AK without the receiver cover is generally not recommended. I wouldn't. Am afraid of both Darwin and Murphy. Of greater interest is the removal of the gas piston tube (upper forend). And IT STILL FUNCTIONS! Would not have thought so. Another indicator of the superb reliability of the AK design. Amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=136&v=xCgmfbAbP-Q

Fantastic video. Incredible how well everything has to function and the stress everything is under. I have seen another video like this (not sure if it's the same people who made this video) of a PKM firing. I will see if I can find it. Awesome video.

Thanks Slick,the vibrations and resonance that AK goes through during the firing cycle is tremendous,yet it keeps on working with some bits missing,great stuff,
Regards,
Don,