What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bullet Id please

spotter

UBIQUE
Staff member
Premium Member
Found this bullet whilst searching through bag of bits,,It is shown next to a 303(the smaller one) It looks same width as 303 but does NOT fit into a 303 cartridge its too big..Just out of curiosity does anyone know what it is etc..thanks for looking spotter
1a1DSC00118.jpg

As far as I know, .303\" is about 7.7mm, so maybe the other bullet could be 7.9mm possibly German ? I'm certainly no expert on bullets, just an educated guess, looks quite modern though. Tony.

Hello Tony,thanks for the reply i cant help with the possible age as it came with a right mish mash of different dated rounds from victorian to 1970s and all nationalities,ill see if i can find some pics of german stuff to see if theres anything similar..thanks spotter

As suggested it looks very much like a 7.9mm heavy ball (s.S.). What does it mike? It should be about .323\" unfired.

Regards
TonyE

hello tony sorry not got stuff to measure if .323 lining it up with a ruler it looks like 8 or 9mm