What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buying from Germany?

ajf.350d

Bought a couple of items on egun.
The seller is a big seller there so no concerns, but Just wondering, should I ask him to mark the parcel clearly with the contents - inert, totally safe and legal shells - or just leave plain and unobtrusive?
The seller is 'frontvogt' if anyone else has dealt with him?

Just don't want anything to go wrong :)

Andrew

I certainly vouch for my good pal Rene(Frontvogt). Drop him a PM expressing your concerns buddy.

cheers

waff

Mark the parcel as scrap,,,,,,, \he \\\\\\\\\he \\\\\\\\\\\\\he

Rena Knows how to do it

I don’t understand the problem.
You ship something inside the European community.

Normally I ship with Hermes to the UK.
You don’t have to write on the parcel what’s inside.

Thanks for the replies. Helpful to know he is known here too - is Rene a member?

I do not expect any problems but not purchased ordnance outside UK before so just wanted to check.
Even though we are in EU not sure about customs checks.

I don’t understand the problem.
You ship something inside the European community.

Normally I ship with Hermes to the UK.
You don’t have to write on the parcel what’s inside.

But are the parcels X-RAYed????

You may not have to provide a description, but if an "interesting" X-Ray shape or shadow is seen, it may attract some unwanted attention, especially if no description is provided as referernce

Cheers
Drew

Last edited:
Lads,
Do us all a favour please and keep 'ideas' for descriptions on labels between yourselves via the PM function.... Loose lips sinks ships an' all that..

cheers

waff

It is true. there are problems to send items. You do not have to use airmail. Air mail sending will check by x-ray. if you used surface service regular should be no problem.- Inert ammo is legal also to shipp it. You do not have to declare it as inert ammo. Best regards, Rene, frontvogt