What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can anyone ID this projectile or core part with BUORD and EOD #'s Engraved

apfsds

Premium Member
Can anyone ID this projectile or core assembly part? It is 3 inches long and 1 inch wide. It has some BUORD & EOD numbers engraved in the base. I have never seen that before on a projectile?

Jason

IMG_5001.JPGIMG_4995.jpg

No specific idea on the upper level assembly, but I'm wondering if it is Tungsten. The photo you show has rough tooling marks on the base and ogive, something you wouldn't see with tungsten. Tungsten has to be machined with a diamond, and it wouldn't leave those marks. You would also never be able to stamp lettering into tungsten. The tungsten is harder than the steel stamps. Lastly, it has rust on it. Steel.

I think you might have a steel prototype.

Last edited:
That makes sense Mike, and fits in with the EOD markings.

Sent from my NSA/FBI tapped iPhone using Tapatalk

It can be a solid projectile or even a column of water that is fired towards UXB, or mainly IEDs to disrupt the firing train of the Target, whether it be electrical, or mechanical or ordnance.

Try googling "disrupter"

The 50 cal version that Mike mentioned used a 50 BMG case filled with powder/propellant and had an electric initiator inside. You would load the slug in one end with the charge in its chamber, then point the disrupter at a point where you want the slug to hit or penetrate through, anchoring the disrupter with sandbags or something else. Using an electric power source, the unit can be fired from behind a barricade. It basically blows a bomb apart before it can detonate, or knocks the fuze off a projectile, etc.

Sent from my NSA/FBI tapped iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I concure with weberoed, dearmer slug. I've seen one of the 1" slugs stuck half way through a 250 lb U.S. GI (empty). Cheers, Bruce.