What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Canadian M18 Cartridge case loaded somewhere in Canada

jeff w

Most of the M18 cartridge cases produced in Canada that I have seen were made under US Ordnance contract and shipped to the US to be loaded with American built shells/projectiles and assembled at US Ordnance Plants.
This one looks like it has a Canadian loading plant/Arsenal ink marking on the base. The ink mark looks like CO/C or possibly GO/C. Does anyone know what loading plant/arsenal those marks are from? I can't find a list of WW2 Canadian loading plants on the web.

2022-11-22 (2).jpg

The 'O' must be a very corrupted 'R' (sometimes a lower case 'r') 75mm M18 manufactured by CL/C (Canadian Motor Lamp Co.) were filled ither by PG/C - Pickering (Defence Industries Ltd.) or CR/C or Cr/C - Cherrier. (Canadian Car & Munitions Ltd.)

TimG

Last edited:
The poor picture makes it really hard to tell exactly. Ran across this interesting picture on Wiki while searching for the answer...

Attachments

• Canada Display_of_artillery_and_ammunition_produced_by_the_General_Engineering_Company_(Canada).jpg
    Canada Display_of_artillery_and_ammunition_produced_by_the_General_Engineering_Company_(Canada).jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Here is another Canadian case with a mystery (to me) ink stamp. Does anyone know what the ink stamps on this one are for?
CLC 390 Canadian Motor Lamp Company ebay .JPG

As the primer is Canadian filled, I would think the complete round likewise. I wouldn't totally exclude US filling.

TimG