What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cannonballs on ebay

Still live i would expect. Still dangerous as the black powder inside after all those year can be just as active even wet and dried out, just look at the accidents that have happened when some have tampered with them in the US drilling or cutting holes.

Sellers Response:

The man I bought them from years ago traveled all over digging and collecting he had a guy that drilled them and washed all of the powder out of them then he would cut a metal plug to put back in the hole. You can see the plugs in the picture if you look close. Thank you

Jason

Well if they can be taken apart to show they are empty then that a different matter, sometime you have to be wary of some people so call inert.

i certainly wouldnt be bidding on them unless the plugs were removed and you could clearly see in side them
this person is very foolish to trust this description