What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cannone da 75/46 C.A. modello 34

Bockscar

This one is just for the record as I did not have any means of taking a photograph at the time. Whilst visiting an antiques centre last week I came across a nice condition tall brass bottle-necked cartridge case in one of the stalls...the trained(?) eye told me it was in the 3" caliber league, so a quick upending of the case to reveal the head stamps would reveal all.
Turns out to be Italian in origin from what I could see..... Sparse head stamp included; M1, 1(over)941 ( in a triangular motif), and 76/46. The primer had been removed.
I would have considered it myself as it was Italian, as I haven't seen to many of them here, but the larger cases are a bit outside my area!
An online search suggests that case would have been used in the Cannone da 75/46 C.A modello34

Bockscar.

Charley777,

Sadly I didnt have any means of taking the critical dimensions with me at the time...thats twice now I have been caught out after finding cases unexpectedly! I would say that the dimensions you give would appear to me to be correct.