What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cartridge Injector L3A1

AMMOTECHXT

Ordnance approved
Premium Member
This was given to me a couple of years ago. It is made of aluminium and I believe it is fitted with a frangible disc closure that ruptures on firing. The ammunition is for use with the Improved Disruptor (ID), as it was known when introduced in the 1980s, for use in EOD (IEDD) work. From memory I think that the weapon model number was the L47A1. The weapon is fired electrically. The top of the case is rolled over to retain the closure disc and is 33.5 mm internal diameter at the top. The external diameter of the case is 39.7 mm and is 43.6 mm at the base. The case height is 42.5 mm. For many years the ammunition for this range of weapons was classed as experimental, so it would not be uncommon to find the letters X and E in the model number of any that you might find, eg XL3E1 would have been the former model number for one such as L3A1. The handwritten 044 on the base no doubt refers to the stencilled lot number on the side of the case.
CNV00146.JPGCNV00145.JPGCNV00147.JPGCNV00148.JPG

Last edited: