What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Christmas truce 1914

Chris

Ordnance approved
Has anybody good digital photo's off the Christmas truce during
World War I (1914.)

During this time the French, British and the Germans stopped fighting for a couple days and celebrate Chritmas together.

Regards,

Chris

I no Charlie but the quality is most of the time not good enough for an nice print. But thank you anyway.

Chris

Great post
I hope you post some images here!

Fratenisation with the enemy was a serious offence and was frowned upon by the higher ranks.

So apart from the risk of getting shot by the enemy,these brave men risked serious penalty frm their own side.

So at Christmas lets remember these brave young men who still lay in muddy trenches today.

The conditions they fought in and the ones they left at home.

Lets thank them for laying down their guns to bring alittle peace to a terrible conflict that cost the lives of many.

When i look at my 14 year old son,i cant help but think about those poor children who lied about their age cowering in absolute terror as they realised the full horror.

Why havent we learnt yet?