What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ciney pics & Report

hicky1300

IMG_0886.jpgIMG_0884.jpgIMG_0883.jpgIMG_0881.jpgIMG_0879.jpgIMG_0878.jpgIMG_0877.jpgUnfortunately I didn`t take many pics as my lift had something come up so it was a case of get around as fast as possible!!
As ever an amazing fair.
The variety & condition of Militaria items is mind blowing.
However!!
From an Ordnance point of view a bit disappointing. As ever the Eastern Euro guys selling scrap for crazy money!!
Most sellers willing to haggle but still a few that don`t seem to want to or understand the concept?
Looking at some of the kit available I now regret giving most of mine away on demob.
The new Belgian laws meant that everything at 20mm or less had the case drilled (found some that weren`t!!) & anything above 20mm technically has to have a certificate issued from Liege.
Naturally this put off a few traders from bringing bigger stuff. Some risked not complying, and from what I saw probably got away with it.
Not anymore police there than usual & no obviuos signs of it being policed/monitored. Usual cops sorting traffic!!
Between St Truiden Flea Market on Sat, Waterloo Flea this morning & Ciney the rest of the day I got a fair haul!
Some is for friends unable to make it.
Most of the SAA stuff is all one job lot (158 items!) the guy wouldn`t split it, so in for a penny (or more!!). Very Eclectic assortment from shotgun sabot type projectiles, a Casless 5.7mm round, a 1905 dated 9mm to modern 7.62!!! Naturally all inert & once I have seen what I do not have, the rest will be up for grabs.

Hum, four pics and .....battrey out ! Pfff !

Yoda

Attachments

• DSCN3002comp.jpg
    DSCN3002comp.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 81
  • DSCN3003comp.jpg
    DSCN3003comp.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 75
  • DSCN3004comp.jpg
    DSCN3004comp.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 74
  • DSCN3005comp.jpg
    DSCN3005comp.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 77
Yoda - did you buy much?
Must admit I get the more interesting items & better deals at Waterloo, St Tuiden & Tongeren.
Might go to La Gieze in June
Where in BE are U?

i made it there in the early hours and i must admit its has got larger since my last visit 7 years ago, as Hicky says maybe some of the traders were put off by the rumors, i was at a stall when the police and EOD went through the items he had, i can say with my hand on my heart the police, officials and EOD all were very fair, thy checked his items carefully and with respect, any item not allowed he had to put under the table and not sell, projectiles, grenades and igniters, large shell cases were OK, thy took with them one flare cartridge that had split through the case and from what i could make out was that if a spark was to go in the split it could make a fire so it was considered dangerous, no action other than that was taken against the trader.
I only brought a No36 base plug 2 euros, Nobel's 808 rapper free as dealer got information off me a few years back ( 45 euros if any one wants a original ) 2 information booklets put in containers for resistance 10 euros, 2 grenade igniters left with friend 15 euros,
German long bomb fuse case and rotten 79 fuse 40 euros left with friend but i did meet with lots of dealers and collectors i have not had contact with for a long time so a very good show for me if a little tired this morning, sorry no pictures of items at show to busy trying to get around all the tables before it got really crowded out....... Dave

HPIM9825.jpg

Last edited: