What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cleaning SAA

Bonnex

Premium/Ordnance Approved
Ordnance approved
Premium Member
TonyE please. Before I resort to bead blasting what would recommend to do with these items (by that I mean cleaning thereof)

Attachments

• CartsA.jpg
    CartsA.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 81
Cleaning

Soaking in vinegar (but not for too long) is a good start, and I have sometimes had good results with soaking in Cillit Bang ( from the horrid man who shouts at you on television).

What are the rounds? Cordite Mark II or something nicer?

Speak to you soon,
Tony

Soaking in vinegar (but not for too long) is a good start, and I have sometimes had good results with soaking in Cillit Bang ( from the horrid man who shouts at you on television).

Speak to you soon,
Tony

Thanks Tony, they are just old well used dummies found in the shed. A bit scruffy and I was going to get rid of them but had second thoughts on closer inspection. If I remember correctly Peter L and HW confiscated the best ones.

Attachments

• CartsD.jpg
    CartsD.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 86
Dummies

Hmmm. I shall have to check them next time I come over. Meanwhile keep them out of the sight of a certain explosives person!.

Regards
Tony

Hmmm. I shall have to check them next time I come over. Meanwhile keep them out of the sight of a certain explosives person!.

Regards
Tony
:) In view of the caps (and the weight) I thought they might be early inspectors dummies but Temple and Labbett seem to have different views on the subject of the cap in the dummy in question.

As always you and him are welcome if the need arises. I won't clean them until you have seen them; the sand blaster is playing up anyway.

Dummies

I will have a chat with you about those when we next meet. There is some confusion in Temple about the early inspector's rounds.

Regards
Tony

Speak to you soon,
Tony

You mean Barry Scott! What a legend!

Proof headstamp

I think Wolwich must have had a surplus of Proof Mark I cases, perhaps when the Proof Mark II was introduced. I have an identical drill round made from a Proof case and I have seen others.

Norman - I would certainly like the R^L 90 2 round if poss.

Cheers
TonyE