What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clockwork Mechanism

ozziammo

Greetings Yet Again,

This one is a mainly brass, clockwork mechanism with 2 x rubber sealing rings, one either end. The clockwork mech. operates a cam that opens a small sealing plug in the side of the item.

A key (missing) is used to wind up the clock, still works a treat, but I can't find any reference to this "thing" in any of my manuals.

Any clues?

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_3542.jpg
    IMG_3542.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_3543.jpg
    IMG_3543.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_3544.jpg
    IMG_3544.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 90
Greetings All,

I have found out what this item is:

It is a fuse mechanism for a Marine Marker MkIII, 21Lb.

Now, has anyone got any info on a Marine Marker MkIII 21lb???

The info I have is unreadable except for the pic of the marker & where the fuse goes!

Thanks,
Regards Ozzi.

Attachments

• AGS-2 001.jpg
    AGS-2 001.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 79
Hello Ozzi,
I came across a empty (inert) example of a Marine Marker MkIII 21lb a few years ago. I cleaned up the casing and brass parts, but the fuse mechanism was missing and also the bottom twist on cover. I planned to repaint the whole surface in grey or in half red (top) and half grey (bottom). Another job I have to get around to doing. Don't quote me on the colours, as its been some time since I've seen the manual. I'll be back home in a week, so will take some pictures and post them on line.
Cheers,
Invest
:tinysmile_grin_t:

Last edited:
Ive been offered several of these mechanism over the years but never knew what they were thanks for sharing the information with us all

Clokwork Mechanism

Howdy Investment,

Thanks for that, I would really like to know how the whole thing worked. I have a very bad photocopy of the workings description from a collector in Qld. but it is unreadable (and so is his copy!)

A working description would be of great help?

Regards Ozzi.

Hello Ozzi,
I have attached some pages from the publication British Ordnance OP 1665.
I will post some pictures this week showing the Marine Marker Mk III.
Cheers,
Invest

Attachments

• Op1665 UK page166.jpg
    Op1665 UK page166.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 30
  • Op1665 page167.jpg
    Op1665 page167.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 47
  • Op1665 page169.jpg
    Op1665 page169.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 18
Last edited by a moderator:
Marine Marker

One of my pictures showing a Marine Marker with the end parts missing.

Attachments

• Marine Marker.jpg
    Marine Marker.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 25
I forgot to mention that the Marine Maker is totally empty, no dangerous contents, just an empty metal shell.

Last edited:
An image passed to me by an frend from Europe of the marker. I had to dispose of lots and lots of these in Sydney in the late 1990's. Fortunately they were all fired.

Leo

Attachments

• Marine Marker Mk III.jpg
    Marine Marker Mk III.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 39