What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cobra gunship gunner's grip.......

John H

Hi,

I picked up this nice condition Cobra gunship fireing grip a while back. It fits on the left side of the optical sight in the front gunner/co-pilot position and is used to sight and fire TOW, rockets and the 20mm chin mounted gun in the Cobra AH-1 S & W models.

Cobragrippage02.jpg

I made up a display stand for the grip from perspex.

Cobragripmountpage-1.jpg

Ive since learned that the British Army Lynx TOW helicopter used the same type and this could be from a Lynx...... thats good because the Lynx is my favorite helicopter!

I wonder if any readers have a photo of the grip in a TOW Lynx?

Anyone else have aircraft gunners grips or aircraft pilots grips?

Cheers,

-John

Squadron Signal Publications produces a wide variety of softbound photo books of aircraft and fighting vehicles. They solicit photos from servicemen which they publish in the books, so that modelers can see the details of the vehicles, so photos of gauges, weapons, etc.

You might do some internet searching of Squadron Signal books for a book on the cobra and another one on the lynx, and the info you are seeking might be available. If you can get the ISBN number for the book, then you can go to allbookstores.com, and plug the ISBN number into their search box, and it will show all the places that sell the book and the total price to get it to you.

Thanks HAZ,

I have lots of photos of Cobras and a few of Lynx but the interior photos of the TOW/Lynx are hard to find, I'll search Squadron Signals and see what can be found.

cheers,

-John