What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coconut Harry

Kilroy was Here

It has come to my attention, that a VERY honorable member here does not like my new avitar......COCONUT HARRY.

It's a coconut carved and made into Harry Truman. The object in question was a gift to Harry back in 1946, The coconut is now located in the Smithsonian.

If others do not like him, I "Might" change avitar back to my previous one...."Fish egg" or find another new one.

What do other members think of Coconut Harry?

I find it a bit strange how that could offend anyone, keep it i think its cool

So the last one was a fish? My resolution is small on my lap-top and the only thing I could make out was the egg-grenade. Couldn't tell if it was a pelican or a snail and got both wrong.:tinysmile_tongue_t: Harry's fine, though I thought it was of Teddy.:tinysmile_twink_t2:

Awesome avatar of H.S.T. one of more than a few world leaders to have a part in both world wars. Truman was an artilleryman in WW1. A few others, Winston Chruchill and Adolph Hitler.......Dano

Post removed.

I saw your post before you removed it Lou. I wasn't going to say "who" did not like my new avitar anyway. But he is a well know member, and I think a very nice guy. Maybe he just does not like Harry.

He was not offended or upset, but he sent me one of these little guys that was his opinion of my new avitar..........:puke:
A little face projectile vomiting!! haha! great! I like that one.

Yeah I was going to go deeper into it but I thought better. Didnt want to creat a bunch of drama. Then I couldnt think of anything good to say,so, you know what Ma always says,,,,,,

I actually thought it was Teddy at first.

That smiley is funny,reminds me of this little Japanese guy I know who cant handle his liquor.....

So the last one was a fish? My resolution is small on my lap-top and the only thing I could make out was the egg-grenade. Couldn't tell if it was a pelican or a snail and got both wrong.:tinysmile_tongue_t: Harry's fine, though I thought it was of Teddy.:tinysmile_twink_t2:

Yes, it was a ugly and mean looking Russian or Baltic pike type fish. Here's a bigger image for you to see.

Thanks, I think Coconut Harry is fine also. :top:

Attachments

• ###fishEGGavitar.jpg
    ###fishEGGavitar.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 16
Maybe so Dano. Coconut Harry was well known in Washington as a womanizer. Just look at him......he's a real chick magnet for sure.
Bill Clinton got all his ideas from him....even the cigar tricks. Clinton only wishes he was as good as Harry at womanizing, Harry never got caught! :tinysmile_twink_t2: