What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Colour scheme question?...

waffenamt

Gents,
Ive stumbled across a superb model of an SC50 at a museum a few miles from me and got talking to the geezer who made it..Now,he asks me what the correct colour schemes are?
RAL something-or-other?

Anyone know please?

best

waff

Hi Waff,could it have been RLM GRAU,,,which I think translates into something like,,,,REICHS LUFTFARTS MINISTERUM GREY, German air ministry grey, just a shot in the dark,I hope it is near the mark,
Regards,Don,

Thanks Don,
I swear ive heard of a green/grey luftwaffe paint as well. I appreciate you posting. :)

best

waff

Hi Waff,The RLM was the German air ministry and they had various colour for various pieces of equipment and aircraft,coded RLM.....then the code number for the paint colour, RLM Grau sticks in my mind as it was one of the main colours used on the aircraft,to get an idea of the colour look up one of the colour charts for aeromodellers such as Humbrol,I have no idea what colour the German bombs were but you can bet your booits it was RLM ....something or other,
Regards,Don,

SC50 Bi Color: Gray or green over-all.
SC50 grade 1 ja, L and Stabo Color: Sandy grey or dark green over all. 2 Yellow stripes on each section of cone.
SC50 grade 2 Jb, JC, J and j/2. COLOR AND MARKINGS: Sandy grey or dark green; 1 yellow stripe on each section of tail cone.

All SC50 and SD50 Bombs that I have seem were very dark greeen (a bit darker than Humbrol 91), (most of them were in water and deep in mud, so colors and markings were almost as new. They all were disposed by EOD...