What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Commonwealth AT Mk. V

Japes

Does anyone know the where one of these mines can be seen? I haven't had much luck online, in fact it's tough finding pics.

Hope these are of use.

Regards

TimG

Attachments

• 402.jpg
    402.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 85
  • 403.jpg
    403.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 76
Yes the one pictured on the second page is the one I'm interested in. Does anyone know where one can be seen in person?
Thanks,
J.P.

Japes,

I hoping to pay the RE museum a visit sometime in the near future, they may well have one. What is it that you actually want?

Regards

TimG

Hello Tim,

Some dimensions, close up pics, anything at all that would help me make up a couple of dummies to put in a metal AT mine box. I think it would finish off the box nicely. Leaving it empty just doesn't seem right. I don't think I'd be able to find a real one so a replica will have to do...at least for now.

J.P.

Mine, Contact, A.Tk., Mk 5 HC

Might be of help.

Attachments

• MineMkV.jpg
    MineMkV.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 83
My MK5 mines

Here's afew pic's that might help you. I was lucky enough to pick up the complete box Would anybody have a picture of the fuse that they could post Have 5 mines and no fuse life can be so cruel:tinysmile_cry_t4:

Attachments

• box of mk5 at mines.jpg
    box of mk5 at mines.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 80
  • mk 5 mine base markings.jpg
    mk 5 mine base markings.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 82
Hi Daryl,

Try George Gailis in Adelaide as he had told me once that he had a heap of MkV fuzes. I brought one off him for AUD$50 a few years back.

I can fix you up with a fuze cover if you need one.

Cheers,
BOUGAINVILLE

Here's afew pic's that might help you. I was lucky enough to pick up the complete box Would anybody have a picture of the fuse that they could post Have 5 mines and no fuse life can be so cruel:tinysmile_cry_t4:

Last edited:
Hi,

I have the whole mine including fuze and fuze cover but am missing the spider.

Does anyone have a spare spider (not the soft fleshy kind) floating around as I would be interested.

Cheers,
BOUGAINVILLE

Mark 5 A/T

Couple of images of Mark 5's recovered from the Dover to Folkstone Rd in 1978 note the good condition & both left rather large holes when detonated (just using detcord & i/2 stick pe4 on each) we recovered I think 15 in all but due to the traffic problem just finished with a search to "Fade Out" those in the know who carried out BAC in the U.K, will understand that.

REgards John

Attachments

• Mark 5.jpg
    Mark 5.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 38
  • Mark v.jpg
    Mark v.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 35
No.3 A/T-mine fuze

Hi all there, here are some images from the No.3 A/T-mine pressure fuze
Mrfuze, USA

Attachments