What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Concrete Bomb Tail Fins

Rockteer

Hi,

Recently purchased some 250kg Concrete bomb tail fins, (you may have seen them) my question is, are these pretty much the same as 250kg non concrete tails fins? would it be possible to convert them? or are the sizes completely different?

If you purchased the tail fins from concrete training bomb, sold in auction recently, they may be of measures quite the same as in the "real thing". However the tail compartment design is quite different; in concrete training bomb the fins go deep in concrete casting while in real bomb they are attached in conical steel part of the tail unit. Thus, if you intend to use them in a real bomb there will be quite a work to modify them.

Hi, lovely job, that's what I was hoping, I can cut them down and fabricate the conical part, at the moment I am going to leave "as is" until such a time that a 250kg casing appears (fingers crossed), at least it is in store should I need it in the future.

Thanks again for confirming that.

Dan

Hi Dan
I have a set of concrete bomb tails in my garden,and there is an awfull lot of work to get them correct for a 250
casing.

Non of the fins are folded for attachment to a cone ,as they dont need to be,but what i would do if you are able

to make a good cone is use the fins for a template to make your self some more.

I have a 250KG that needs fins and have yet to find someone to let a set go.

Best phil