What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Copper Booster?

Anders

Ordnance Approved/premium membership
Ordnance approved
Hi there,

I was wondering if you guys could help me out. I have a copper tube as shown in the photo that I suspect is some sort of booster charge for a demolition device.

In the narrow end a Bickford fuze or a #27 detonator can be inserted. Obvious the small tube leads to the broader end which I suspect used to contain a booster charge of PETN or pressed gun cotton. The tube is completely empty so it is impossible for me to figure out what it once contained.

Have any of you seen this item before?

:tongue:

Attachments

• Copper_Booster.jpg
    Copper_Booster.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
I Believe you are thinking along the right lines. I have not seen exactly the same thing but similar things that were in service when I was, were known as `Firing device demolition ..... ' and could be used with Fuze Instantaneous, as a `booby trap', or Fuze Safety, to give a delay.

Primer 1 cm

If I am not wrong, what you have is the Primer 1 cm used for the initiating of the british Slab Demolition CE/TNT 70/30.

Sorry for the bad quality of the picture.

Yoda

Attachments

• UK Slab demolition-01.JPG
    UK Slab demolition-01.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 34
Hi Yoda,

Thank you very much for the drawing I believe you are on the right track, defiantly looks like it. :top:

If I am not wrong, what you have is the Primer 1 cm used for the initiating of the british Slab Demolition CE/TNT 70/30.

Sorry for the bad quality of the picture.

Yoda