What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

could anyone tell me what this fuze is

dazzaessexuk

hi i am new here and need an id on this fuze looks like a 48 but no timer , also from the pictures can you tell if its safe ofr not

Attachments

• IMG00644-20101014-2243.jpg
    IMG00644-20101014-2243.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 47
hmm

cannot see any but dont want to go cleaning it to much till i find out if its already gone off found it with the detector always finding them but this ones strange and not same as brass ones i find .i know there is a small triangle where the thread is on top and some markings at very bottom and another triangle but cannot read anything

dazzaessexukdazzaessexuk,

Welcome to the best website out there as far as collection ordnance (INERT)goes.

Hope you will stick around. We have allot of knowlegabel experts

V40
"Living Historian" for SOG and Vietnam
Mark

hmm

thanks buddy have found a picture of what the fuze looks like but mine is obviously dead as i only have half of it any ideas what type it is please

Attachments

• orig.jpg
    orig.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 26
that's a part of a Swiss Tavaro/Tavannes mech. time fuze. Great Britain had introduced Tavaro fuzes as No.209, No. 210 and No. 212, but I never saw one real. According to the drawing I tend to a No. 209 or 212.

Last edited: