What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CPetersen's Collection

CPetersen

I had this posted in my introduction thread and thought I would start one here to showcase any future acquisitions.

I stumbled across an inert rifle grenade at an antique store and became fascinated by it. I did some research online, purchased Rick Landers' book "Grenade", and then started looking around for other items to collect. So far my collection is of British Rifle Rod grenades and the picture below shows the current state of my collection. I am working on coming up with a way to display them properly. I try to pick on up every few months as I find something of interest.

Here are the pictures of them taken apart without forcing the parts that are currently 'stuck'. The last picture is of a replica grenade with authentic internal parts. The replica was purchased from romanprops.com. It is very well machined and the parts all fit great individually. This brass tube was slightly too long so to compensate I used a countersink on the replica brass base to allow it to fit (you can see the countersink bevel in the picture). I plan on using the replica for a cutaway so I didn't mind altering it slightly in order to keep the original parts as is.

Attachments

• My collection.jpg
    My collection.jpg
    311.3 KB · Views: 29
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    298.5 KB · Views: 27
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    294.9 KB · Views: 23
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg