What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CS Cartridge ID

peteblight

Ordnance Approved
Ordnance approved
Can anyone provide additional information on this CS cart?

Country and manufacturer would be useful too please.

99578962-8DFF-4E98-958B-1F4CF6AF72E7.jpg

Lots of photos of these cases on the internet. They appear to be being used in Iran and Azerbaijan.

The nomenclature is reminiscent of SPRA and PWD, so perhaps a Chemring product. I don’t have an example of that case in my collection so I’m not able to look for markings on the case head, or compare one to other UK cases.

Last edited:
A few websites are carrying the same article about the Hoshdar 2 Series weapons manufactured by the Ammunition Industries Group (AMIG) of the Defence Industrial Organization (DIO) in Iran.
The 38mm Hoshdar KP is a copy of the Webley-Schermuly signal pistol, and the 38mm Hoshdar TP is a copy of the Webley-Schermuly multi-purpose gun (ie riot gun), the article also says that the only 38mm cartridge in recent (2016 article) Iranian arms export brochures is the Mk2 CS, which is outwardly identical to the British cartridge of the same name.

So it seems like that case is an Iranian copy of the SPRA/H&W Mk.2 CS, intended for use in Iranian copies of Webley-Schermuly arms.