What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dag (2012)

sksvlad

This is a Turkish cinematographic tribute to all the Turkish military killed in 1984-2012 period https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2471640/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_7. It implies Kurds as the opponent. It is a story of several Turkish soldiers surrounded by the enemy on a very high mountain peak. It has stunning snowy nature views and reasonably good fighting scenes punctuated by Bollywood-like civilian life recollection moments. I cannot recommend this production. I wanted to watch this because I never saw a Turkish movie. Is this true that military service in Turkey is obligatory but one can buy one's way out of it?

Meanwhile, here is a joke from the movie told to the main character by an officer.
A German, an Italian and a Turk stay in the same hotel.
Each room has a foxy French maid and a pile of clothes to be ironed.
A German goes to his room, irons clothes and then makes love to the maid. "It is a German way, work before love" he says.
An Italian makes love to the maid and then irons clothes. "Love is the more important than work" he says.
A Turk grabs the maid from behind while she is ironing. "The ones who work get f.cked" he says.

Last edited: