What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dave's 41 fuze

SG500

Premium Member
This ones a real gem, looks like it was made yesterday.
I like the fact that the AZ ZEIT switch works, its the only one I have where it does.
All INERT etc.
Dave.

Attachments

• Post 23 Dec 09 004.jpg
    Post 23 Dec 09 004.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 62
  • Post 23 Dec 09 005.jpg
    Post 23 Dec 09 005.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 56
  • Post 23 Dec 09 007.jpg
    Post 23 Dec 09 007.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 54
  • Post 23 Dec 09 008.jpg
    Post 23 Dec 09 008.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 53
  • Post 23 Dec 09 012.jpg
    Post 23 Dec 09 012.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 56
A few more photos.

Attachments

• Post 23 Dec 09 009.jpg
    Post 23 Dec 09 009.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 40
  • Post 23 Dec 09 010.jpg
    Post 23 Dec 09 010.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 39
  • Post 23 Dec 09 011.jpg
    Post 23 Dec 09 011.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 39
Lovely Fuze there Dave.. have you ever thought of winding it up to see if it would still operate ? (FFE of course)

Thanks Nismosonic, that's the plan, I could use a bit of advice on which bit to wind. I have gently pushed some of the cogs round and they all seem to rotate easily enough and the springs are good too so hopefully it would tick away OK.
Any advice on where to start winding? Don't want to break it by pushing the wrong thing.
Dave.

Thanks Nismosonic, that's the plan, I could use a bit of advice on which bit to wind. I have gently pushed some of the cogs round and they all seem to rotate easily enough and the springs are good too so hopefully it would tick away OK.
Any advice on where to start winding? Don't want to break it by pushing the wrong thing.
Dave.

Nice fuze Dave, fantastic condition!

Have sent you an e-mail on 41 fuze, hope it helps

regards
Kev

All Ive had my hands on so far have been ground dug,Id love to get my hands on a strippable modle.

All Ive had my hands on so far have been ground dug,Id love to get my hands on a strippable modle.

Lou you can strip the ground dug ones, the 3 screws are a bit tricky to undo but once inside its surprising what good condition they're in. I'll post a few photos of the one I managed to take to bits. OK the cogs don't turn on a ground dug one (unless your like Satan and take them completely to bits) but it gives you a good idea).
Dave

I was also going to suggest the same! Great minds think alike!
Lovely fuze Dave,well done!:tinysmile_shy_t:

best

W
Another nice fuse Dave with a lot of potential.as for ticking i think
if you blink then its gone 3to 5 sec delay i think.

The quadrant of teeth is its running duration.

As for dug up examples,hear are a few i am playing with at the moment,and with care can be made to work again.

Best phil

Attachments

• Gound dug 41s 004.jpg
    Gound dug 41s 004.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 30
  • Gound dug 41s 002.jpg
    Gound dug 41s 002.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 35
  • Gound dug 41s 003.jpg
    Gound dug 41s 003.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 25
Beautiful little fuzes.I think what Im going to do,is wait till I have a few examples of the ground dugs before digging into one.I sure would hate to wreck any of the screws.Might have to talk to waffy for somemore whens I gets some pennies saved up.:xd:

Beautiful little fuzes.I think what Im going to do,is wait till I have a few examples of the ground dugs before digging into one.I sure would hate to wreck any of the screws.Might have to talk to waffy for somemore whens I gets some pennies saved up.:xd:

Best keep an eye on mine and waffs postings in the foreseable future
as we might have one or two 41s for you to play with.

Whatever the out come of the dug up fuses thay can only be improved on
as they would only have dissolved in the ground and lost for good.

Best phil

Thanks for all your help guys, I think I know what to do now. Will experiment in a few days when the kids have finished running around the ceiling with excitement!
Dave.

Best keep an eye on mine and waffs postings in the foreseable future
as we might have one or two 41s for you to play with.

Whatever the out come of the dug up fuses thay can only be improved on
as they would only have dissolved in the ground and lost for good.

Best phil

Indeed my friend,good post. ;)

waff