What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'De-capitated' collection doing well!

Paul,
That looks great!!
I wouldn't be suprised if it is the correct size, you may have to remove it from your de-cap collection?!! and put it on the shelf with your others!!
(probably originally had a bakerlite gaine though?)

cheers
Kev

Last edited:
Paul,
That looks great!!
I wouldn't be suprised if it is the correct size, you may have to remove it from your de-cap collection?!! and put it on the shelf with your others!!
(probably originally had a bakerlite gaine though?)

cheers
Kev

Good job there are 2 of them in the batch then Kev :)
One for the de-cap mount and the other on the shelf.

best

waff

Ive had a proper gander at Spotts drawing of the Tel fuze and it indeed looks almost complete.
Nice one Spotter! :)

waff

Good job there are 2 of them in the batch then Kev :)
One for the de-cap mount and the other on the shelf.

Ive had a proper gander at Spotts drawing of the Tel fuze and it indeed looks almost complete.
Nice one Spotter! :)

waff

Even better Paul!
cheers
Kev

Hi Paul
It is complete, if you look at the drawing it clearly shows the charging head and below the bakelite mounting with 4 sockets.two wires go from this socket to the end of the telecopic rod, that contains a squib?

:) best tenner ive spent in a while then!

Im still trying to suss why the telescopic rod? If the bomb was designed to burst above ground then i would have thought a solid rod connected to an impact fuze would have a better effect?
cheers

waff

hi Paul a solid rod i agree would be better but storage would be a problem, being telescopic it takes up no more room on the bomb rack.

hi Paul a solid rod i agree would be better but storage would be a problem, being telescopic it takes up no more room on the bomb rack.

Ahhh!!,the penny has dropped for me now Steve!
Thats what Spott meant in post #12 about the rod ejecting?
I assumed it fell off! Deployed would be a better phrase.:tinysmile_twink_t:
Cheers for the info on this fellas,its been a very interesting thread. :)

best

waff

Its a nice item Paul well done

It must have been that crimbo card you sent me with the 'Happy Hunting!' message that brought some luck!. :p

I shall give all the fuzeheads a jolly good soak and clean in the new year.
Then hopefully get them mounted on a plinth i reckon.

cheers

waff

Hi Paul if you have a copy of Captain Hunts Bombs and Boobytraps , you will see his Edmonton training room, have a look at how he and I have displayed our fuzes , you could do something similar?

Hi Paul if you have a copy of Captain Hunts Bombs and Boobytraps , you will see his Edmonton training room, have a look at how he and I have displayed our fuzes , you could do something similar?

I have debated before about that sort of shelving and was kinda hoping to do them in perspex from a local factory for all of the 'full fuzes'.
Will sort a wood plinth for the 'de caps'

cheers

W

Hi Paul the only advice i can give is that when i first had my racks perspex was thought to be expensive and too flexable that,s why i opted for marine ply.