What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Distraction gren.

poltewerke

HONOURED MEMBER RIP
Hi everyone, can any one tell me the no. of bangs for this gren., whether it has facility for extra unit at base and its colour. I know its a lot to ask but some good sole might have the info. Cheers all, RonB.

Attachments

• flashbang & colln. 008.jpg
    flashbang & colln. 008.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 64
Hi Ron, I have one of these grenades in my collection but no camera facility at this time :( It is a 9 bang one I think and has the solid aluminium body in light (saxe) blue. The base has a brass screw in it and is not designed to accept a base unit. the fuse mech is blue plastic with a black steel lever and pin. Of course it is an experimental item with the 'XL' designation. Hope this helps a bit, regards, Tony.

Is this the one?

This is from the Rheinmetall Defence website, which Nico (as marked on the container) is a branch of (I think).

Attachments

• Nico Training Grenade.jpg
    Nico Training Grenade.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 29
Ron, the markings on my item match the label on your storage container, in brown on the grenade, the date is hard to read on mine. It is similar to the one in the photo, but not identical. More like the NICO 9 bang ones with the thick aluminium body. Tony.

XL 77 gren.

Thanks Tony, now l know the markings- l can say the one in my container does not match label unfortunately. l have to ask if you can acquire a duplicate of your item? Regards, RonB.