What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Don't mess with Chinese fire fighters!

EOD

Sometimes the byproducts of web research are quite entertaining. I found these images of Chinese fire fighting ammunition. So basically every Chinese soldier is a fire fighter.
Thought some of you want to see this maybe.

SLM-40 for the RPG, leaves room for thoughts about alternative uses...
SLM-40_fireextinguisher_China_zpsce112631.jpg

120mm mortar ammunition
120mm_fireextinguisher_China-_zps619c1104.jpg

Hand held rocket launcher
rocket_fireextinguisher_China_zps2473cf78.jpg

Somewhat heavier and for larger fires a MLRS. Are the rockets painted green by accident?
rockets_fireextinguisher_China_zps82227717.jpg

With the venturi of the launcher on the ground would this pose a problem with blast induced muzzle flip,?.if it works it sure beats the hell out of the old Pyrene antifire pistole,
Cheers,
Don,

a fire engine we held in reserve manned by the army when our regular fire fighters went on strike
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Goddess

When I did my Police training, I was billeted at Inglis barracks in Mill Hill, home of the army post service. This was in 2002 and the fire brigade were on strike at the time. On the drill square, they had about 12 of these machines out and prepped. Old pumps but still impressive and able to do the job!