What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dopp Z92 FH

Dopp.Z.92 FH

Hello,

here what I have, bad quality and..... in french !

Yoda

Attachments

• DoppZ92FH-02.JPG
    DoppZ92FH-02.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 61
  • DoppZ92FH-01.JPG
    DoppZ92FH-01.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 63
Incredible the info you kind find on the internet... lol
Found on Passion & Compassion web site.

fuse Dopp Z 92.
Double effect 45 mm fuse, without delay, Model 1892

Double effect fuse, this model was an evolution of the Dopp Z 91, based on the same principles, therefore having a classic percussion system in the tail and a rotating discs time system in the upper cone.

The lower disc, mobile, was engraved with graduations from 1 to 29 seconds, and a roman cross for the pure impact percussion function.

Entirely made of brass, it had a security pin blocking the concutor of the time system. The same specific arming system of the percussion device (with a powder grain in spite of the classical German stem system).

Different marks have been produced :
  1. Dopp Z c/92 : graduated from 1 to 28 seconds
  2. Dopp Z c/92 F H : graduated from 3 to 36 hectometers
  3. Dopp Z c/92 K15 & 10cmK : graduated from 1 to 26 seconds
  4. Dopp Z c/92 Brlg. : graduated from 2 to 41 seconds

That fuse mostly equipped the projectiles of the :
  • 90, 120, 130 and 150 mm (shrapnel) guns
  • 150, 160 and 210 mm (shrapnel and explosive) howitzers
Fuse Dopp Z 92 nF
Double effect 45 mm fuse, without delay model 1892, new shape

The inner mechanism of this Dopp Z92 nF fuse is strictly identical to the famous Dopp Z92 fuse (here above), as this appears evidently on the scheme. The only differnec between the two fuses is the shape, more round, and the material (either all brass or aluminium plus brass).

The lower disc (that disappered on the showed item) was graduated from 2 to 41 seconds, and with a special mark for the pure percussion functionning.

This fuse was mostly equipping the projectiles of the :
  • 90, 100 et 150 mm guns (shrapnel shells)
  • 150 mm sFH 13 and sFH 02 howitzers (incendiary and explosive shells)
German Double effect 45mm Dopp Z 92.jpgGerman Double effect 45mm Dopp Z 92-1.jpgGerman Double effect 45mm Dopp Z 92-2.jpgGerman Double effect 45mm Dopp Z 92-3.jpgGerman Double effect 45mm Dopp Z 92-4.jpgGerman Double effect 45mm Dopp Z 92-5.jpgGerman Double effect 45mm Dopp Z 92 nf, new shape.jpgGerman Double effect 45mm Dopp Z 92 nf, new shape-1.jpg
German Double effect 45mm Dopp Z 92 nf, new shape-3.jpgGerman Double effect 45mm Dopp Z 92 nf, new shape-6.jpg

Does anyone know what the FH designation is for? The Dopp Z92 has to be the classic WW1 German fuze with so many applications and configurations etc...Dano

Hi Dano,
FH is for Feld Haubitze-Field Howitzer. This fuze was only used on the 1898 pattern shell used with the 10.5cm light field howitzer 98/09.
Richard

Hello

A picture of Dopp.Z. 92 FH

Attachments

• Copie de dopp z 92 fh.jpg
    Copie de dopp z 92 fh.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 29
Hi Dano,
FH is for Feld Haubitze-Field Howitzer. This fuze was only used on the 1898 pattern shell used with the 10.5cm light field howitzer 98/09.
Richard
Thanks Richard, I appreciate that. Always nice to know there's another of one of my favorite fuzes to seek. Will PM you later about discs....Dano

My Dopp Z 92's to this point

Here is a pic of the Dopp Z92's that I currently have. Left to right - 1) Dopp Zc/92 Sb. 2) Dopp Z92 n.F. 3 - 4) Dopp; Z.92 Sp.16.....Dano

Attachments

• Picture 637.jpg
    Picture 637.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 26
macro'ed Dopp Z92's

Just had to throw a better pic of the Dopp Z92's now that I have the macro tuned in on camera.......Dano

Attachments

• Picture 656.jpg
    Picture 656.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 11
Hey Dano,

Nice little numbers of Dopp Zxx!!!!!!

I have only just the one :tinysmile_cry_t4:

Cheers
Drew

Attachments

• DSCN3203.jpg
    DSCN3203.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 17
There were more that a couple of variations Drew. In fact yours is different than any of mine. One could make one fine collection of just the Dopp Z92 variations. The Dopp Z92 was used on many shells in different configurations, yet still one of my favorite as there are obviously a few variations I need also. WW1 German fuzes rock....Dano

Last edited:
I had always wondered the difference between the Dopp Z 92 (left) and the Dopp Z 92 nF. According to passion-compassion there is no internal difference and the only difference is the external shape....Dano

Attachments

• Picture 671.jpg
    Picture 671.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 13
Recovered Dopp Z 92 FH

Does anyone have any drawings or photo of a Dopp Z 92 FH fuze.
Richard

Here is a photo of a Dopp Z 92 FH which I have recentley spent about 10 hours cutting from a battlefield recovered HE shell fragment. Slightly damaged the threads during removal but quite happy with it.
Richard

Attachments

• IMG_0845.jpg
    IMG_0845.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 28