What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dynamo Condenser Exploder Mk1 HELP!

chaseuk45

Hi all

I've just got my hands on one of these, the unit seems to be charging ok but the neon bulb is missing.

Can anyone help with a replacement?? Or point me in the right direction!!

Thanks
Chase

I think the bulbs for the EDC (Exploder Dynamo Condenser) Mk 1 were the screw threaded type, quite small as used to be found in torches. Might I suggest a visit to a cycle shop or electrical spares shop (if any still exist), who might be able to help. The EDC would have been in a green webbing type of canvas with a strap and part of the kit was one or perhaps two spare bulbs. I think it might also have had a spare winding handle.

Chase i have had a look inside mine for you and taken a couple of pics of the bulb so you know what it looks like. It is made by GEC and is marked with OSGLIM and government property. It is a bayonet fit and on the circuit diagram its rated as 5 Watt 200/250V. It is quite large, much bigger than i thought it would be. As to where you may find an origional i have no idea looking at it, if i had one you could have it. It may be possible to find a modern lamp that would fit but im no expert. Hope this is some help to you cheers Mick.

PICT2304.jpgPICT2305.jpg