What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Early 6 Pounder blanks

Falcon

Does anyone have any examples of early 6 Pounder blanks from around 1900? Please could they post some photos. What is the case length and are there any markings?

sorry Falcon but best/nearest i can find in my stuff ,drawings are from 1897

Attachments

• 306.jpg
    306.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 74
Cheers spotter, that's EXACTLY what I was looking for. Do you have anything that says whether any stamps were added to the case head of a blank?

Hello Falcon i cant find any mention of the stamps,hopefully one of the other members will come up with more info for you

I am also having trouble rerading the length on the diagram. Is it 9.8" or a badly drawn 8.8"?

I checked a more modern 3 Pounder blank I have, and the length of that is 9.8", so I would think that it is 9.8".

Another question on these. Is the lettering that appears to be on the side of the case actually on the case or on the charge bag?