What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

early French def. F1

Could anyone provide a close up picture of an early French F1 with the slow match fuze? Thanks in advance. Also saw a P1 pear with Billiant fuze, but can't remember where I saw it. Anyone one else seen this one? .Dano

Last edited:
Heres an early fuze. You pull the long cardboard cover off then push the smaller one down and rotate it to scratch a match head coposition which then lights the fuze
cheers, paul.

Attachments

• Page8F1cardboardfuze.jpg
    Page8F1cardboardfuze.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 32
F1 p1

Thanks Paul, I should have known to look on your site and thanks Andy as it is also on Lex's site. I have an early F1 on the way that has the lead part, but missing the soft material fuze part and cover and needed an idea what it looked like. I've been going nuts the last hour or so, trying to re-find the site where I saw the P1 with Billiant fuze (quite impressive looking piece) was kind of wondering if it is legit as i've never seen the P1 with billiant fuze but it makes total sense. I can't even comprehend that I did not "bookmark" when I found it (brain fade). I will find it and see if I can link it up or post the pic. By the way Paul awesome F1 (cardboard eh). Could see problems with this working on the Western Front!! ............Dano

Last edited:
Arrrrgh

Awesome stuff Paul, thanks. Is that blue an original color, looks orig to me! The P1 is such a cool piece in all forms..Dano

Bill

Paul, That Billiant fuze looks so good atop that pear, you don't even wanna know what i'm thinking. I still see stuff that just amazes me, and it is great..Dano

Hybrid P1

Hi
I think that P1 with billiant and percution delay fuze were never used on
I know they have the same hole thread but I've collected a lot of of french grenade since more 25 years now and i've never seen these system (with share in "private collection" and militaria meeting!!!)
P1 that I have collected in 4 country in north france are whith the classic fuze with the spoon and never with an other!
Perhaps someone have an official document with these fuzes, so I've not them and never found in French Official files
Sorry