What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

East block F1 grenade..

Nismosonic

I have acquired a F1 lemon grenade.. Could anyone ID country of manufacture ? I will put a pic on soon if it helps.. Spoon is marked y3prm with 386 beneath. also stenciled on is 22 followed by -65 stamped in. the spoon is of the russian patern in appearance, apart from the fact that i have noticed a small circular hole on photos ive seen on the top of the spoon, mine is solid.
The body is yellow/green with what look like a R in the cast, but hard to tell as paint is quite thick. there is no stenciled markings on the base.
Any help would be great once again. :tinysmile_shy_t:

Nismosonic,

In order for us to help you here we would definately need some pictures of it. So get them out to us as soon as possible.:angel:

Hi Nismosonic, afraid I can't help on the ID as the east bloc grenades are beyond my realm but just wanted to comment "brother that is one cool grenade". The color and handle just set that grenade from the rest of the contenders. Way nice...Dano

i have factory 386 listed as Russian, unfortunately no information as to exactly where in Russia.

The marking "386" on lever is Russia, factory "ISKRA" ("Spark"), town Novosibirsk, opened in 1941 year....This factory was finished in 1991....(in 1991 year USSR was crushed)

The marking "386" on lever is Russia, factory "ISKRA" ("Spark"), town Novosibirsk, opened in 1941 year....This factory was finished in 1991....(in 1991 year USSR was crushed)

Thanks for the info everyone... and happy new year to you all.
Glad its Russian, as I have Bulgarian, Polish and East German F1 too. it only cost me a fiver!

I've got a fuse "UZRGM" from "386" factory too, but trainig variety...

normal_training_fuse_UZRGM-2_compressed.jpg

Look full view at my diagram gallery....

Eugene.

Hi Nismosonic, afraid I can't help on the ID as the east bloc grenades are beyond my realm but just wanted to comment "brother that is one cool grenade". The color and handle just set that grenade from the rest of the contenders. Way nice...Dano

I have started showing an interest in Soviet area stuff now. They all seem very well made and the fuzes seem so simple, cheap and very effective. Nice colours too!

Yep... Russians fuzes from WW2 period very simple and effective. :)
But modern fuzes very complicated strangely enough....
During war time designers make simple devices.. during a peace time make a complicated...(as an example "UDZ" fuzes series and other fuzes for the mines)
Soldier will use only effective and simple devices in fast combat i think, otherwise he will dead.

I've got a fuse "UZRGM" from "386" factory too, but trainig variety...

normal_training_fuse_UZRGM-2_compressed.jpg

Look full view at my diagram gallery....

Eugene.

nice stencil on inside of spoon.. will have to have a look to see if mine has one. does the -2 denote a training example ?

I googled it,,,i see the ISKA plant is still in operation see http://www.nmz-iskra.ru/eng make ammunition, det cord, primers and blasting equipment,there is a very good video on the web site that includes history and manufacture of shells during WW2. Video is in Russian with English subtitles.
City is a very remote place close to border with China and Mongolia.. makes me wonder how this grenade got to UK.

Last edited:
Here are pics of my 2 F1`s . 1st is East German 1967 2nd is Russian 1965. No stencilling on inside of spoons & internals of fuze on 1st missing - so if anyone has any spare?
Interesting that the spoon shapes are different?

Attachments

• DCP02004.JPG
    DCP02004.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 50
  • DCP02005.JPG
    DCP02005.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 45
Mike saffrey has a czech, bulgarian and polish F1 currently on SA. I think the East German variety is the only one with the different spoon shape. there is occasionally fuzes for these on there own on SA. these grenades dont go for much money.. and are a collecting area in there own right.