What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

East German cutting charges

William49

Ordnance approved
I got pictures from the NVA cutting charges 2 kg and 0.6 kg. They are copies from the Czech cutting charges UTN-2 and UTN-600. The have the same measurements. The cutting charges have following measurements:
SL-2 SL-06
length 200 mm 100 mm
width 110 mm 80 mm
height 120 mm 95 mm

explosive weight 1.9 kg 540 g.

The explosive charge is TNT/RDX. The white stripe on the charges indicates a practice charge.

Attachments

• SL 2.jpg
    SL 2.jpg
    291.5 KB · Views: 34
  • SL 06.JPG
    SL 06.JPG
    276 KB · Views: 31
Hi William49
when I look at the picture, the UTN-2, UTN-600 (Usměrněná Táhlá Nálož) of the German manufacturer differs from the Czech version.(has two production versions)
With the Czech load there are two loops on each side (total of 4 pcs) the load is used to connect several loads into a whole.
And I have the impression that the tin body is also made differently because the Czech ones are not longitudinal on the side of the charge.
Akon

Hi Akon,
I have pictures for Czech cutting charges. It would be better when I wrote the NVA Charges are similar to the Czech.

Attachments

• SL UTN-2.jpg
    SL UTN-2.jpg
    292.5 KB · Views: 8
  • UTN-600.jpg
    UTN-600.jpg
    288.9 KB · Views: 8