What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ejection Seat Pyro and Equipment

HAZORD

Premium Member
As I was looking for more info on Shielded Mild Detonating Cord, I crossed this website for all types of Ejection Seats and their equipment. There are photos of the rockets used in the seats, and other types of energetic materials. Could be a good reference site for EOD Techs that deal with crashed aircraft.

http://www.ejectionsite.com/

There is a huge amount of info here. The description of the F111 egress system alone is about a dozen pages. All of the different systems are listed in the "Seat Gallery". There are also links to 30 other ejection seat related sites.

Last edited:
Ejection seats are fun and another hobby orf mine, along with there equipment contained in seat pans and breakers, along with the survival equipment.

That is a very good site too. One other thing, in Vietnam when the F-111 was in service there a few of them werebeing torn apart because of the bombs and especially drop tanks would sometimes stay, that being in the aero dynamic position and not rotate with the wing and it's movement/retraction just like the more modern aiplane called the F-14.

The survival equipment is just another facinating item(s) you could find in an aiplane from all services back then which I also collect also. If anybody collects the survival kit portion and need itemsome coponets, let me know.

But as HAZORD said before, the web site is a great find.