What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EKZ 17 Repairs...

starshell

Premium Member
Hello all,

One for the technical / scientific buffs....
I'm about to restore an EKZ 17 fuze in an area where a chunk of the Mazak has eroded away over the years. One of my thoughts has been whether I could re-construct the missing material buy creating a mold from plaster of paris around the affected area and filling in with molten Pewter.
However, having read about the metalic properties of both Pewter and Mazak, I'm not certain the two metals would bond.
I suspect the metal I pour into the cavity would likely cool and fall out.
Ideally, I'd like to replace the missing metal with metal, not filler, but not sure this method would work.

Any ideas or opinions would be much appreciated.
Many thanks.

I have used this repairing the casings of a spiked radio, worked very well and very strong. I would buy a cheap EZ25 and practice on that, just incase you come up with any issues than ruin the EZ17.

Many thanks chaps! I'll look into getting some of this and do a few experimental runs first.
Thanks again.

BMG50, Where have you bought yours in the past as I can't seem to find a stockist?
Many thanks!