What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Electrically primed 2 Pounder?

Falcon

At the car boot on Saturday morning I picked up a 1941 dated 2 Pounder anti-aircraft case. There is nothing unusual about the case, however, it was fitted with a No. 13 primer, which is an electric primer. The primer was not screwed all the way in, so could have been added at a later date. Or could this perhaps have been a depth charge launching cartridge? There are no markings that I can see which would indicate this.

Thanks for any info.

There is only the primer and case to see since I removed the primer with one of my tools to clean out the brasso residue around it. There is nothing remarkable about either the case or the primer on their own.

There is only the primer and case to see since I removed the primer with one of my tools to clean out the brasso residue around it. There is nothing remarkable about either the case or the primer on their own.
OK falcon thanks for that-the electric primers are not that common though are they so interesting that your case turned up with one-may have been used for a trial possibly from a pressure housing which might just be a reason why it has an electric primer fitted if indeed it was original.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just bought a similar cart to Falcons, only cart and No 13 primer are 43 dated. Any more thoughts on what they were used for?
Cheers
Gary

What would a no. 13 electric primer normally be used in? Sub cal for a big navy gun??